June and November Agendas
April agenda requirements are sent to heads under separate cover.
The following proposal items must be combined into one single PDF file with all
pages portrait-oriented, if possible, and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposal must begin with the Cover Sheet from the online application. It should be signed and dated by the school head.
The Text of the proposal must be double-spaced (no more than three  single-sided, 8.5 x 11 inch pages).It should include:
- A brief history of the school
- Needs of the school for which the grant is requested.
- The amount requested
- The proposed match and how the school plans to raise the match.
- How the school plans to use the grant to meet these needs. We like to see a general budget that outlines, at least in broad categories, how the funds would be spent. Please keep in mind that the proposal should focus on the 9th-12th grade division of the school.
The Financial Section of the proposal (no more than three  8.5 x 11 inch pages), should include:
SCHOOL COLLEGE PROFILE
- A one-page comparative presentation of the Operating Budget for the current year, the Operating Budget for the previous year, and the Actual Operating Budget during the previous year.
- The Statement of Activities taken from the audit of the year immediately preceding application.
- The Statement of Financial Position taken from the audit of the year immediately preceding application.
This is typically the document sent to colleges with student applications.
Hard Copy Submission
Please send single copies of the following via regular mail or Fedex.
One (1) stapled copy of the full online
application - signed and dated by head of school on the coversheet and the
endowment page. Staple the following items to this copy of the online
operating budget (please limit to one page as noted above) and a
College Placement List. Colleges
attended only. Please format as a simple
table with the following columns: Colleges Attended, one column for each of the
most recent three years, and a column totaling the number of students attending
- Internal Revenue Code Forms 501(c)(3) and 509(a). It is the policy of The Foundation to award grants only to schools which are exempt from taxation as organizations described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and which are not private foundations as described under Section 509(a) of the Code. Therefore, single (1) copies of letters from the IRS indicating that the school meets both of these criteria are required in addition to the proposal.
- One complete copy of the AUDIT for the most recent full school year.
- The school's mission statement (separate page).
On one page:
A set of relevant brochures, catalogues, and other promotional materials as you see fit
In addition to the description of the purpose of the grant contained in the narrative portion of the proposal, please provide a brief one or two sentence summary of that purpose as you see it.
- The proposed matching ratio and the approach planned to secure the matching funds. Please make clear the target audience and clarify whether this will be a separate initiative or a targeted component of the school's regular annual giving programs.