June and November Agendas
April agenda requirements are sent to heads under separate cover.
Each proposal must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
and include the following:
The Proposal must begin with the Cover Sheet. It should be signed and dated by the school head.
The Text of the proposal must be double-spaced (no more than three  single-sided, 8.5 x 11 inch pages, or in the case of proposals for grants larger than $50,000, no more than four  pages). It should include:
- A brief history of the school
- Needs of the school for which the grant is requested.
- The amount requested
- The proposed match.
- How the school plans to use the grant to meet these needs. While we do not require a detailed project budget, please include a general spending plan that justifies your request, in the proposal text.
The Financial Section of the proposal (no more than three  8.5 x 11 inch pages), should include:
SCHOOL COLLEGE PROFILE
- A one-page comparative presentation of the Operating Budget for the current year, the Operating Budget for the previous year, and the Actual Operating Budget during the previous year.
- The Statement of Activities taken from the audit of the year immediately preceding application. (May be printed on both sides of the page, if necessary.)
- The Statement of Financial Position taken from the audit of the year immediately preceding application. (May be printed on both sides of the page, if necessary.)
OTHER MATERIALS- to be sent via regular mail or Fed-Ex
as a PDF with the electronic file
Also include in the grant submission package single copies of the following:
- A copy of the on-line application including the cover sheet, signed and dated by head of school.
- Internal Revenue Code Forms 501(c)(3) and 509(a). It is the policy of The Foundation to award grants only to schools which are exempt from taxation as organizations described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and which are not private foundations as described under Section 509(a) of the Code. Therefore, single (1) copies of letters from the IRS indicating that the school meets both of these criteria are required in addition to the proposal.
- One complete copy of the AUDIT of the year completed immediately preceding application
- The school's mission statement (separate page)
- In addition to the description of the purpose of the grant contained in the narrative portion of the proposal, please provide at this point a one or two sentence summary of that purpose as you see it (separate page)
- The proposed matching ratio and the approach planned to secure the matching funds. Please make clear the target audience and clarify whether this will be a separate initiative or a targeted component of the school's regular annual giving programs. (separate page)
- A set of relevant brochures, catalogues, and other promotional materials as you see fit